Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday's Bits

So I'm gonna try listen to audio books on my runs. I tried running to music a few years ago with my 64 meg mp3 player, but the problem was I put songs on the player without thinking how they would work with running.....

"Try Not to Breathe" by REM is a great song...but not the wisest choice for a running playlist. Need I say more??

So I subscribed to Audible, which when you subscribe for a year you get $100 off an ipod---so I got the 1 gig shuffle for "free". Sorry to sound like a commercial. I will let you know how I like audibles and how I like listening to books while running. It will give me something more to look forward to.

The first book I downloaded is "Possible Side Effects" By Augusten Burroughs one of my favorite contemporary authors. I can't wait to start listening!


Thank you to all that posted and offered words of comfort to my Loss posting. I'm definately past feeling that "loss" over my husband's new path. I've been "reminded" again over the last couple of days why we're not together. This is really the best thing that can happen for both our sakes. I do wish him every happiness.

4 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

I did this too! and got the "free" shuffle...i LOVE to listen to books on my long runs. plus, first thing, download steverunner.com's podcasts...he's great! and they last about 1/2 hour or so.

There's a trick to saving your place in a book on a shuffle. you'll get the hang of it.

(I love REM too, but yeah, try not to breathe?!? too funny.)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

I've never even thought about audiobooks while running. I'll have to check it out....

9:11 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

How "big" of you to wish him happiness.

Love your pic, BTW!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Augusten - I'm reading his miracle book ( i forget the exact title at the moment). But he is so funny. And what a great idea. I hate earphones though so books are out for me.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home