Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A F*CK IT RUN

Man O' Man! I so wasn't motivated today. It's warm out today (around 80) and a little humid, which is a little unusual for No. CA, and I really did have good intentions with my run. I could tell within the first block that it wasn't going to be good. My heart rate jumped to like 85% of max within the first 5 minutes....I mean wtf?

Anyways...at 1 1/2 miles (and 1/2 way on my run), I just said "Fuck this" and walked the other 1 1/2 miles. Actually..it was a nice walk. I really got to enjoy the scenery, smell the blooming flowers, and check out a pair of ducks that I think are nesting but never stop my run to look.

So...I did the distance...actually kept my heart-rate up to 70% of max for most of the time. But just enjoyed life for a bit.

Not a bad trade off I think!

1 Comments:

Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

I hate every run until I've gone 2 miles. Then it gets better. So there's something to look forward to!

But runnergirl - leave the Garmin at home? Nooooooooooooooooo............ I'm totally addicted!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home