Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm Having the Funnest Time**

I did my first run with my sister yesterday in a long time. It was just a 3 miler, but it was 2 weeks after she gave birth to her son. We ran the first mile, did some hiking/trail running/walking for the 2 mile and walked/ran the 3rd. I let my sister dictate the pace.

And I must say we had the funnest time. I've been running solo for months now and I have forgot how running with someone else can change your mental attitude. My sister and I talk about everything--it's really our chance to get away from the family and just let it all out. So what if we were slow, or if we walked if we wanted to. We agreed that all we care about is doing the distance and keeping to our training schedule.

We're not setting a goal time for October....well maybe 8 hours since that's the time limit to get a medal. You do your first marathon once, and I've been reading more and more articles about just enjoying it. So, the real goal for October is to have the funnest time.

**My 2 year old niece once said this to me at a party.

2 Comments:

Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Are you doing the Nike? I am thinking about doing it or maybe just the 1/2 since I'm running SF at the end of July.

And yes - just enjoy it. No need to push for time the first time out. The second time - that's different :-)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Taunya said...

Yep! We're doing the Nike! Our only goal is to finish--who cares about time--this time! ; )

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home