Thursday, June 01, 2006

Giving In.....

My body has given up!!!

I've always been told that the first mile is always the worst. But in my case, every mile is bad, and it just gets harder and harder....

Except this week.

It's like I've beaten my body into submission--after the first mile, my body knows that I'm not going to stop so it just buckles down and it just stops fighting me.

I'm finally able to relax a bit, get my heart rate down, at that point if it makes any sense at all......

5.5 miles on Saturday.......

6 Comments:

Blogger teacherwoman said...

Sounds like me sometimes! Interesting! That sure is a good way to put it!

7:27 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

What marathon in October?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Taunya said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting.

I'm running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco.

8:41 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

It's true! someone once told me that it takes your body at least 30 minutes to realize that it has left the couch and is now running!!! The first 3 miles are the worst for me, usually, then they get less worse. And listening to a good book on the shuffle makes me actually look forward to running (sometimes).

3:14 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks for the well wishes. It sounds like you've made the transition to runner if the miles are getting easier and a marathon is on the horizon. Woo-hoo.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hey, thanks for the well wishes - I appreciate them!

Good luck training for Nike. I ran it last year - great times. It's awesome to run with so many women. You'll do great!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home