Sunday, June 25, 2006

Saturday's Results

Distance: 6 miles
Time: Slow, but the pace was 45 seconds faster per mile than last weekend
Average Heart rate: 137 (average hr last week 155)
Overall: WOOHOO...felt great.

I have to say that this "run" felt easy. Yeah, we stuck to doing 3/2 intervals, but ended up running some during the walking periods, especially during the last mile. LOVE those negative splits!

We decided to run this country road that goes out for miles and has really no through traffic. The road has a lot gently rolling hills, so we can say we did some hills, but nothing too steep--not like where we ran last week.

The stangest thing happened during that run--that's never, ever happened before. We did an out and back loop, and I remember looking at my Garmin at the 3 mile and turning back towards home. Sis and I got caught up talking about the being moms, contrasting with the way we were raised etc--standard stuff. I guess we got totally caught up in the conversation, because the next time I looked at the watch, it was at 4.45 miles! I have the Garmin set up on an interval workaround so it beeps and rings when the interval is complete, so I don't ever have to look at my watch, but I frequently do--I'm crazy that way.

Could it be that I ran 1.45 miles without even really knowing it??? That's just freaking awesome to me.

So about the Ice cream.....In Oakland, CA there is a place that's been there forever (ok since 1894), that has the best ice cream in the world, or at least the Bay Area. The name of this place, if you ever find your way to Oakland, is Fenton's Ice Creamery.

When we were kids my mom would take us there a couple times a year. It was always an event. A few times we even went there for dinner...not like we ordered real food, but ICE CREAM SUNDAES for dinner. It was heaven! And still is....

Sis and I still try to travel up at least 2x a year for a SUNDAE. Sometimes we couple the trip with going to Fairyland, the zoo, dropping off someone at the airport; and sometimes we just go for the ice cream. It's a tradition, and a good one.

Here's a pic of my sis' favorite sundae that she gets everytime we go...the Black & Tan.



I miss it already.

I hope everyone has a great week!

5 Comments:

Blogger SRR said...

Drooling...let me wipe off the keyboard. Since training has begun for me, I have given up alcohol and bad sugar for the next 18 weeks. YIKES! (no more pics please!) **giggle giggle**

Great running!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE ice cream! That sundae looks so good.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

That is the prettiest ice cream I have seen in a while!

And I love it when that running thing happens where you don't even realize that you just ran forever because it just felt so good! Congrats on the great run!

4:18 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

congratulations, and um, YUM??!

7:33 PM  
Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

45 seconds is HUGE!

And I used to live right by Fentons - yum!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home