Thursday, June 15, 2006

Enough Already!! Advice needed!

So I've diverted off track a bit in this blog by posting secretly personal things. I'm sure I'll digress now and then (we all love a soap don't we). But let's get to something much more important, like...

There are now 2 skunks using my backyard as a hangout. My Buddhist daughter loves them--She is even calling one of them "Pepe Le' Pew".

I'm sorry but this:


Does not look like this:




Nor does Pepe' look like this:





They seem to like 'rooting' in my "mulch that I use around my garden. But they also like hanging out in the more kept up areas too.

I got cats....but they ignore the skunks. It's like they know better.

So does anyone out there have an brilliant ideas on how to get rid of them or at least discourage them?

Maybe I should just move to San Francisco....

6 Comments:

Blogger SRR said...

Skunks huh? What's that deal? I saw a snake today and about freaked out! I don not which is worse...snake or skunk. Ewww...they're both gross!

8:26 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

maybe you should get a snake to scare the skunks...hmm, do you have a local nature center or wildlife dept? I'd call them in a mad hurry and see what they suggest. i bet there are also firms that will come out and catch these buggers. good luck!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

A radio.. believe it our not skunks like piece and quiet.. We had them living under our shed.. put a radio in there for a couple days and they pack up and move away.. If there not living there then I’m not entirely sure if it will work. You can also get live traps that are really low so they can not spray when they are inside then you can relocate them to another neighborhood. ;)

Cheers.

Rice.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Ewww...

There has to be a place on the net where you can find ways to get rid of skunks...

...without getting sprayed in the process.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

I don't know anything about skunks. But I just read all your posts and your blog is great. My favorite was when your little nephew was born--it felt like I was there in the room.

Good luck with your training.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing about skunks - we just have rats in the city. But, I agree with your daughter they are so cute.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home