Thursday, August 09, 2007

Vacation Week!

Woot! I'm on vacation this week!

Work was becoming really overwhelming and I was waking up tired every day so I so need a break.

I spent 3 days at my brother-in-law's family cabin up near Mount Lassen, which was about 40 yards from a beautiful lake. I didn't want to leave, it was so peaceful up there.

I'm spending a lot of time working on my knitting projects. I'm getting really good at knitting little tubes. Here is something that I finished up for a beer buddy of mine:


I know it's a bit silly, but he actually asked for one out of the blue. Speaking of blue, I just completed a blue and black cozy for another friend who independently asked for one too (he even found me a pattern).

Can't say I have done a lot of running this week. I didn't do any runs at the cabin--unless you count chasing after my niece and nephew. I did a trail hike/run yesterday and will do another one today. I've got to get in gear, I feel my belly growing on me!

OH....I also want to say that you guys are the best! I haven't blogged in a month and couldn't believe I even had 1 comment when I came back from the cabin. I guess I must keep posting.

10 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Cute cozy! Enjoy the vacation!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Please note that the cozy will work on a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade too.

Dinner was great. The cats are adorable.

Come back to work please. ;-)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh! I could use a little beer cozy like that!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

that's some nice beer bottle cover =)

Have a good time on your vacation!

1:23 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

That beer cozy is awesome! You are good!

7:18 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

That little knitted tube, it's not for the beer to stay warm, is it?

Whatever its purpose, it looks like surrealist art.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Love the bottle cozy:-)

Enjoy the vacation, enjoy your trail run and enjoy the R&R!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Yes you must post more and more. I miss your blog posts.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I was just thinking the other day that I should learn how to knit. It just seems like something a person ought to know how to do. Do you find it relaxing?

You've had two friends ask for beer bottle cozy's--maybe there's a need! You could start selling them at craft shows. :-)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home