Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Doing better...and Thanks for being there....

I want to thank you all for being there for me last week. I couldn't even bring myself to tell a friend about Spooka when I went out with her on Sunday--I just couldn't feel I could talk about it and keep it together.

But I could blog about it and it did help me to ease the pain a bit. Ah, the power of blogging and the RBF!

We buried Spooka in the back yard under a young oak tree that she liked to sleep under. We sprinkled wild flour seeds over her grave. I think she would be happy there.

My daughter goes out daily and "waters Spooka" as she calls it--she's religious about it. We all have our way of coping and it's her way right now.

And I run.......

11 Comments:

Blogger teacherwoman said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Running does help clear the mind.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

That sounds so beautiful. Life does continue and you and your daughter seem to have found the right ways of dealing with it.

My thoughts will be with you this weekend.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Backofpack said...

I thought of you yesterday, as our 13 year old cat was laying on my feet purring. I would really miss her.

I like your memorial to Spooka, and your daughters tending to it.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

"Watering Spooka": sounds like a book title. Glad you're feeling better; losing a pet is like losing a family member -- it's tough.

10:23 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Run free.

1:56 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Running is cheaper than therapy...and it's portable too.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I'm glad you could share this with us! Take care and happy running =)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

My kitty is buried in the back yard, by a tree he used to climb. I planted catnip on his grave. I like knowing he's there.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. HOpe you are doing better.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Metamatician said...

How is Susannah coping now that some time has passed? Is she taking it in stride, being quiet, or playing more with the other kitties...?

Hope you're doing well.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Just wanted to extend my sympathies for your loss of Spooka. I am so sorry for your loss.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home