Saturday, March 24, 2007

T.G.I.S.

I'm so glad it's the weekend. It's the first weekend in ages that I have nothing I need to do. Besides training, I plan to get the house straightened up a bit and get plenty of R&R. Only a week and 1/2 before true baseball season starts--I've already got a place (pub with food) picked out to watch a few games during the season.

Running is better this week, thank goodness...it's always a rollercoaster. I'm actually looking forward to the 6 miler tomorrow (and thank goodness for recovery weeks).

Work-wise, I'm going to have a hectic 2 weeks. We are very busy and the boss has told us that we are going to have to work some long hours to get the backlog down. Not that I mind too much as this happens only a couple of times a year. But I think my boss is starting to tire of my realisitic attitude (which she is reading as being negative). I tell her that things are different now; the product we are supporting has grown so complex and customizable that it's just HARDER (and takes longer) to solve the issues. She sets unattainable goals, and I set mini-realistic goals and she views that as giving folks motivation to not work as hard.

She fails to see that the game has changed.....I think I'm just going to put my head down, work hard, and keep my mouth shut, I've already said what I need to say to her and we will just have to wait and see if she comes around.

6 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Hang in there and stay strong at work. Running is a great stress reliever.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

There's no winning with an unrealistic boss.

I recommend the unstoppable powers of alcohol and cynicism.  Always works for me.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Sorry that the boss is not on the same sheet of music as you. Always a tough situation to deal with. Running and cheesecake might help also.

5:12 AM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Hope your having a great week! SOunds like you had a relaxing weekend!

8:41 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

I get so impatient in these work situations. And I feel I would be better off somewhere else. That is silly, because there are challenges everywhere, and the challenge we don't solve in one place is going to follow us around everywhere, until we learn how to deal with it.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Keep on running. I hate extra-stressful periods at work...am in one now myself, too, so I feel your pain.

Stay strong, respectful, and stay the course. At least that is my plan.

Peace:-)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home