Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stalling........

It's a beautiful Sunday morning! I'm scheduled to do a 6 miler this morning (solo)--this is the longest distance I have done since the marathon last October. I should be out the door by now, but I'm in my PJs and thinking about other things......

What sort of things....you ask??

Ahem....well it's a little embarrassing...It's almost the last thing I think about before I go to bed, and one of the first things I think about when I wake up.

You see, I'm a little obsessed at the moment....

Now you're dying to know....I can tell.....

Alright, fine....You all are my bestest RBF are you not? and I can tell you almost anything.....

I'm a little in love at the moment....

with.......

This sweather I'm knitting (and yes...I'll post a pic when I'm done).

I'm afraid I have developed a passion for knitting and high quality yarns.

My goal is to be able to knit socks soon and then perhaps develop a perfect running sock (merino wool blend of course). That would be so awesome!

Sigh....I know I'm pathetic...Sis laughs at me, because I'm always knitting when she calls....I should probably get out more.......

On that note....time to get those running shoes on....Wish me luck......

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your run went well! And I can't wait to see that picture. I'd love to learn how to knit, but probably never will. I don't have enough time for my current hobbies! I shouldn't even consider trying to add another one in the mix!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

hahahaha your post made me laugh!!! Hope you do develop those super awesome socks and patent them and get lots of money =) Hope you got out to get your 6 miler in!

7:43 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck on the run today. Look forward hearing about the progress.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I really need new socks since mine were totally stolen last year.

Great hobby to have. It will work well with me when we run away to the South Pacific and you have to knit clothes for us.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

So wholesome!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Oh my gosh, that is so exciting! I admire people who can knit!!!!!

Have fun!

3:42 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Oh, I never understood how knitting even happens. I mean you take a yarn, and wind it around itself, and get a surface. That blows my mind. But I have little obsessions too. I am scheduling a Saturday in March to sew a skirt for myself. Can't wait.

7:35 AM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Hope the run went well...

I hear we have a closet knitter in the house?! I too have learned to knit a bit and love it... just haven't done it in a while!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Everybody needs a way to be creative. I admire you for learning to knit--I never did.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home