Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Now for Something Completely Different

Very recently I have started to incorporate strength training in my workouts. I'm *trying* to do 3 days of running, 3 days of weights.

I found that only from a week of doing this, my runs are much, how do I say it, stronger.

I'm finding that my legs have more energy, that they don't tire as they did in the past. My posture is straighter, well...everything is better. And you guess right, I'm running faster too (don't really know how fast, I'm keeping my Garmin at home lately.

So maybe one day, I'll be strong, toned, and faster? Sounds like a win-win to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

Sounds so simple and desirable that I feel tempted to start strength training right away. I never did it, and I know it's time.

8:05 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

I should start working on the strength training even though I can not run. No excuses for that.

7:34 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

I too am slowly (very slowly) getting back into weight training. I used to do it a lot before I started running, but it kind of got pushed aside when I was trying to juggle class, school, running and spinning!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Weight training is important. I should do more of it myself.

Are you able to do weight and cardio on the same day?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Good for you for lifting weights. I keep trying to incorporate weight training in my schedule, but have yet to maintain it. The promise of running faster is some incentive, though.

I will remember you and your daughter in my prayers.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Good move on the strength training.

And this is the best time of year for it!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home