Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pushing Limits

I like yoga. There's a pose called Cobblers Pose where you sit frog legged with the heels of your feet together and you try to bend your torso so your head can eventually touches the floor in front of you.

The fool in the video makes it look easy. I think I'm pretty limber, but I can't get my head closer than 12 inches from the floor.

"You may find with the 'gentle massage' that Cobbler's pose brings, you can bring yourself deeper in the pose" The yoga master calmly narrates. "In fact, the goal of Cobblers pose is to find the place where to go farther would be excruciating (she doesn't say "excruciating", but I know that's what she means), and doing less would be no challenge at all."

That my friends, is where I am with the house.

They countered my offer...and not by very much at all--the difference in the payment would be about 80 bucks a month. The owner would like to give me the house. The other offers were better money wise than mine--but they really like me (In my best Sally Fields voice). If I accept the offer, the house is mine.

What I offered would be challenging, but not excruciating. But like Cobbler's Pose, just a hair lower to the ground and it's unbearable.

Of course they gave me the weekend to think about it. But I already made the decision.

I can't let the excitement and the lure of homeownership put my in a place where I'm uncomfortable. The market is crappy right now anyways...I'm sure they'll be other houses
where I walk in and it immediately feels like home. At least I hope so........

8 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Good luck on the house, that is so exciting! =)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your decision. It's a buyer's market. If they seriously want you to own the house, they would understand the buyers have control right now.

5:01 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Listen to your heart! It is a buyer's market...good luck with the results!

3:04 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Cool analogy between the two - the pose and the house.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Drunken toga party at the new house! Woo hoo, should be fun when you buy it.

Do what is right for you and you will never go wrong. There is always other houses if you need to find something else.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like yoga too, and I like your comparison with a difficult pose to selling a house: good luck with both!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Sometimes right before I fall asleep I try to tell myself to dream about stuff I am trying to decide, and though I never remember dreaming about it, I usually know what to do the next day.

Follow your heart and your gut.

GL GL GL!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

what's going on with the house? Running? I hope you're doing well!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home