Sunday, October 15, 2006

Almost There

After spending the weekend convalescing and NOT running. I'm happy to report that today I'm feeling much improved.

I think I've beaten this thing down and am no longer worried that it's going to turn into a chest cold, or worse, bronchitis. I'm still going to take it easy today, don't want to rush back to anything too soon. I just plan to do some gentle yoga and maybe a tiny bit of yard work.

In other news, I got my registration card for the Marathon. They listed my bib # as 2234 and age 27! I took that as a extremely good omen. Sis' card had her # as 3358 and aged 49!
The next day we both received an apologetic email from Nike saying that some of the cards mailed out were incorrect (duh). As a result, I got a new bib number (a very boring number) and a corrected age (12 years older).

With 6 days and counting, the marathon still doesn't feel real to me yet. I don't think it will sink in until we're in SF on Saturday.

I hope I'm ready......


6 Comments:

Blogger Backofpack said...

So exciting! You are gonna have fun-fun-fun! I've heard it's a great marathon - I'll be anxious to read your report and see what you think.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

You will be ready and will do well. Remember to have fun and enjoy the experience. SF is a fun place to be!

10:22 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Oh, I wish I were there too... almost there.

1:44 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

That's kind of funny! You will do GREAT come race day!

6:05 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Take care of yourself during the rest of the week. You will do great!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.
Good luck on your race.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home