Monday, August 28, 2006

Scared to Death

First off. The 15 miles went as well as can be expected. My ITB gave me little trouble and I felt pretty good. Sis did really well the first 8 miles or so, but really, really faded in the end. She was really slow. I kept having to stop and stretch while she caught up. She said she just didn't have anything in her legs.

All-in-All, it took us 3 hours 45 minutes (garmin was stopped during bathroom breaks too, so we're not counting that).

We're gonna pack some power bars in addition to the sport beans--we got pretty hungry and hope maybe that will help things. We were happy that we finished it and felt pretty good afterwards.

So...why am I scared to death?

I went to the Nike Women's marathon site today and now it's plastered all over that we have to finish the marathon within 7 hours. I thought we had 8 hours--I remember specifically reading that! I was really hoping we'd finish the marathon in 6 1/2 hours (including all the bathroom breaks etc) and that was going to be a push. And we still had an 1 1/2 hour buffer. We'd be able to finish the marathon within the time limit...easily....

But now?

I feel pretty comfortable with this time constraint, but I'm not sure if sis will be up for it. She's been slacking a bit on her weekly miles and she's just had a baby 4 months ago.....It's too late to switch to the 1/2 marathon...I don't know if we would even want to at this point. And I really don't want to run it at our own pace...we've been training together for 3 1/2 months now..so either we finish together or we both get the DNF and no tiffany bling.

Well....we have 2 months left....still lots of training to go....

4 Comments:

Blogger Mmem said...

Ok, first off, WTG on the 15 miler, wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there with training with your sis, don't give up hope yet that you'll finish in time. How does she feel about it?

GL GL GL GL

4:24 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Good job on the 15 miler.

I say go for it, keep training and the worse thing is you dont hit the goal. There are always other races also.

4:44 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

WTG!! You will do just fine. Hang in there!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Backofpack said...

I agree with everyone else. Keep training, keep trying new foods and hang in there. Even if you DNF, at least you tried. You don't wanna give up before you even get started!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home