Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Shhhhh! Don't Tell Anyone!

I'm posting from Work!

The 10 miler was fine--It was actually our fastest per mile time ever! Sis had the idea of running slowly the first 3 miles before we started on our intervals to warm up our bodies. It worked well for us. I felt pretty energetic the entire run. We'll try it again Saturday and see if we get the same results.

My ITB started acting up again around mile 8--it didn't get very bad, but that twinge got me thinking that I really need to work on those strengthening exercises. I stretched really well after the run and felt no residual pain/soreness afterwards--so that's a good sign.

I'm doing 29 miles this week, including a 15 miler on Saturday. This is 5 miles more than what I've done. And it only gets worse from here.

I'm gonna order some Biofreeze today and carry it on my Saturday runs. A.Maria swears by the stuff.

The more I can feel prepared, the better!

6 Comments:

Blogger Backofpack said...

Good luck! I use something called Stoppain - just found it recently. I think it's similar to Biofreeze. I use it after the long runs and I think it helps.

12:17 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Biofreeze is da bomb! I also recommend getting a IT band wrap that you can find in any running store. I have been using it for awhile and swear by it.

Hang in there!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be doing the same 15 on Saturday. Hope the biofreeze works for you.

7:37 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

I've never heard of Biofreeze... what does it do? I'm all about making post-runs as painless as possible!!!

Good luck with your run. I'm sure you'll fly through and be ready to do some more.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Hey I am doing 15 or so on Saturday also and a follow up 10 miler on Sunday. Your doing well on your running and nice to see your mileage increasing. Take care of that ITB.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

FROM WORK! oh sorry.. shhh..
don't push the body to hard if its not up to speed yet..

Cheers.

Rice.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home