Saturday, August 19, 2006

Need Audio Book Suggestions!

I'm almost done with my current audio book and for some reason I'm really at a loss on what to listen to yet. I LOVE to read and I'll read nearly anything. What I'm looking for is a good book that will work with listening on the run (sort of speak).

I book I'm finishing up right now is "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. I made it a resolution of sorts to read one "classic" every 6 months and why not combine this with running?

I understand now that 19th century books really don't work well with running. It's just way too much commentary.

So what have you?

Today is our 10 miler, then going to the hippy Solfest with a friend.

Should be fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

I was never able to even run with music much. Sorry that is one thing I can't offer any advice on. I love Wilde though.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know my sister loves books on tapes but it really isn't my thing. She did mention how she loved listening to the Lord of The Rings books on tapes though.

8:06 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

I do not see myself reading as I run. Music is better motivation for me.

11:03 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Hmm..books. Anything Nicholas Sparks. Or I am reading this book called Reading in Lolita Tehran, it's pretty good and based on true experiences.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

GL GL GL on the ten miler! I tell you, 3 miles yesterday and I was done, so I give you big props, go get 'em.

Books on tape, hmmm, I listened to The Pilot's Wife a few years back on the commute to/from work and it was riveting. It ticked me off, too, but it was riveting.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home