Friday, August 11, 2006

Feeling Better

Thank you ALL for your great suggestions.

I spent the week nursing and stretching my ITB. I haven't had any pain to speak of since Tuesday. I did a gentle 3 mile run on Wednesday (scheduled 6 miles) with no problems, and did a 3 mile walk on Thursday. I skipped Tuesday's 3 miler altogether. This was a good time to take it easy. I was out of town for a work function for a couple of days (boy, these guys know how to party when they are out of town...and away from wives)--so I wasn't really feeling much like running anyways.

I've been pretty religously stretching, icing, ipubrofin'ing. The only thing that I haven't done was get new shoes---but I will this weekend.

So tomorrow's 13 miles--a 1/2 marathon. We are going to stick to flat roads for the most part. The only hills we might do is a soft trail run at a nearby park.

I'm carb loading tonight. I picked up linguini with red clam sauce with a nice salad at Cafe Citti (one of my favorite restaurants in my tiny town), and I'm enjoying my feast.

Wish me luck tomorrow!!

5 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck tommorow. I am glad that your IB tendon is doing a little better.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

GL GL GL GL on the HM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the pasta:)

4:42 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Let us know how the run goes. I hope you are not having any issues tomorrow on it.

Good luck!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you are feeling better. And, best of luck

4:49 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Good luck!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home