Monday, July 17, 2006

Careful Speed Racers....It's Freaking Hot Outside!!


It's 6:30pm at it's 96 freaking degrees outside! I don't have air conditioning, so I'm doing a white-trash, poor man's version. What's that? I got sprinklers going on my front lawn and there's finally a gentle breeze that's creating a very weak swamp cooler effect through my front door. Pitiful, huh?

I just looked at the national map, and I see it's hot EVERYWHERE in the USA. Global Warming?? Maybe Daughter and I will go see "An Inconvenient Truth" tonight...At least the theatre will be air conditioned.

Today is my rest day, but I'm thinking about all my running friends out there running in this shit. Please, please, be careful! Stay hydrated, and don't push it.

Here's hoping for some relief soon!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Backofpack said...

Yeah, check out the Pacific NW. It's cool here right now - but the forcast is for 90 on Friday - which is relay day. I was hoping the cool stuff would hold...

8:14 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow, I think I'm living in the only bearable place to be right now! Stay cool out there!!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

It's FINALLY starting to get better. I got to turn off my A/C tonight. YES!

11:32 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

It's FINALLY starting to get better. I got to turn off my A/C tonight. YES!

11:32 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

seriously, its triple digits here.

its ridiculous.

last summer i had the same situation (no a/c) and i was downright miserable. i feel for ya!

eat some ice cream! i just found out its national ice cream month.

and its balls hot out, so... i'm celebrating the month as much as possible!

i suggest you do the same! ;)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

It is almost 100 here along with nasty humidity so just plain ugly. I break my long runs up now to deal with it, 5 miles in the am and 5 slow miles after work in the heat.

You can also go to the beach! I take my youngest daughter their on the weekends to also stay cool.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is a great day to see a movie and be in the AC.
Poor man's AC in Chicago - my version at least - was to walk around with frozen vegetables on my head and back. I have AC now though. Yeah.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

We got a little bit of a relief here next to the north Atlantic. A cooling station would be a five minute drive closer to the shore line. If things are really bad wade into the water. But it is getting a lot harder on the long runs. After a couple hours and one water bottle latter I’m eyeing up outside taps on homes.

Cheers.

Rice.

6:05 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Ya' know my relief for this? OIL!!! It works wonders!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home