Friday, September 08, 2006

Losing It

What a week. I realized almost 3 weeks too late that I somehow forgot to mail my rent check. When I went to call my landlord from my cellphone, I got a message that it was turned off for non-payment. I've been forgetting to pay my bills! This normally doesn't happen!

WTF???

B
etween work, my daughter back in school, and spending seemingly endless hours on the road--more things are slipping through the cracks, and the cracks are getting bigger.

This week I was supposed to run 4 miles on Tuesday, 8 on Wednesday, and 5 on Thursday. I did run the 4 miles on Tuesday, "ran" 5 miles on Wednesday, and skipped Wednesday altogether.

On top of this, I had my "husband" (God, I really don't know what to call him anymore...we've been separated for over a year) over for dinner yesterday--I guess his other "relationship" has become rocky--and now he wants to work on getting back together. This is after me giving him my blessing to seek other "relationships" months ago. How can one tell a crying man that you don't want any romantic relationship--I felt like if I said something that I would be kicking him when he is down.

Well...I'm actually looking forward to our 12 miler tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a nice, easy run and I'll be able to talk about this crap with sis. We do use our runs as a bit of a problem management session. It does make the miles pass a little quicker.....



6 Comments:

Blogger Backofpack said...

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad week. Hopefully, a nice run with your sister will help sort things out.

1:36 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

I have had those bad weeks. That's why running is such a big help to deal with them.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I recently did the same with the utility bill and one of the rents I have to pay. Life is challenging that way. Guess your hubby realized what he gave up and his loss now!

5:51 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

I am so with you on the crack thing. GOD!!! It is such a balancing act!

Sorry about the hubby. Funny (or is it?) how that always works out. Always want what you can't have. :-)

5:59 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Sounds like quite a week! I once saw a shirt that said, "Running - Cheaper than therapy" No kidding.

Hope things get sorted out and a back to a more normal pace.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Dang, you have a lot going on...I wish you luck getting through it all.

And GL GL on your 12 miler. Sounds like you deserve this run (or A run).

Peace.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home