Saturday, September 02, 2006

Real Quick

I mean, this post is going to be real quick

It's 7:14 AM and I'm supposed to be leaving at 7:30 to go up to sis' for our 16 and I'm still in my PJs. It's amazing how much this marathon training has taken over my life. The important things are still important, like parenting and work. But some things have been falling through.

Like housework, for instance.

My house is a complete mess. I couldn't even find a clean towel this morning. There are cobwebs everywhere (doesn't help I live in the country), I cringe every time I open the fridge.

I haven't mowed my lawn in over 2 weeks--my garden is overgrown and unloved.

I haven't picked up my mail from the post office in over a week.

But those things aren't a priority for me right now. This damn marathon is.

We "only" have 5 more runs that are over 12 miles then it's taper time. I think my house can wait until then......Thank god I don't have to worry about what the Mother-in-Law thinks anymore.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Our place is also a mess. But who cares. Enjoy the run you have all winter to clean or so I tell myself.

3:12 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

ROFL!! I have struggled over 2 years to keep my apartment intact. It does not help that I have a very messy husband.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I will send you slave teenager to clean if that helps. You keep him and feed him and find a way to keep him in line though!

You will find a way to get it clean but keep the focus on marathon.

I want to know how the run went.

5:48 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

It's amazing how training for something can take over you life! Especially time! TIME is a huge chunk taken away from you due to training! Goodluck with the house cleaning!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Hang in there, house!

GL with your last few long runs, you are almost there!

5:10 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Jesus!! I understand completely!! It is amazing how much it takes over your life!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Housework is always the least important thing in one's life anyway. When you die, no one will remember if you were a good housekeeper, but they'll remember you ran that marathon!

1:20 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Too true, too true. I'm sitting among a pile of laundry that needs to be folded, an apartment that needs to be cleaned, and a pile of paperwork I should be doing. But... I think I'll do it later. :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Backofpack said...

Totally with you on this one! I figure if I can keep us fed and in clean clothes, then things are good. I'll have to throw a party soon to force me into cleaning!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home