Sunday, October 08, 2006

Who would've thought a 12 miler would be.....

so easy???

We had a great run (but lazy run) yesterday. We did trail running so it was a lot of climbing and descending. We weren't very motivated..not after our great 20 miler--I didn't feel like I needed to work very hard at all.

I kinda like this tapering business!

Everytime I visit Nicole's blog my tummy does this crazy flip-flop. She's got the count-down to the Chicago marathon (same day as the Nike's Women) and I'm reminded once again how darn close the thing is.

How am I even going to force down my marathon breakfast that morning is beyond me.

Today, I'm actually motivated to clean my house. I've already cleaned the kitchen, laundry room, and swept the back patio. I love not being sore & tired on Sunday and actually have energy to get stuff done!

8 Comments:

Blogger Metamatician said...

great for you!! it's nice to see definite indications of progress!

/j

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to completely rock the marathon!
I'm also starting to get anxious about the race. It is hard after 20 to keep going and not over doing it.
Enjoy the taper in the meantime!
Less than 14 days!!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

I never would have put "12 miles" and "easy" in the same sentence, lol! You are going to do great in the marathon--savor your taper!

6:58 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

It's exciting to be close to race, a contest, a challenge. It's enriching, it's good, it's being alive.

7:32 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the 12 miler! You will do awesome on this run! I can't wait to hear how it went! :)

6:48 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

You are going to be AWESOME. Enjoy the taper and relax.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

Always a trade off isn’t it, have a good “hard” run, and be spent the rest of the weekend or take it easy and get other stuff done.. I normally go for the run and count on Mrs. Rice feeling sorry for me.. Normally only works after a race though..

Cheers.

Rice.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Remember it is just a race, nothing more or less. You will do fine and relax, send me your energy and feel free to fly out here and clean my place also!

Your going to kick butt at the race!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home