Thursday, October 12, 2006

OH NO!

Sniff...sniff.....

No, I'm not crying, that's the current condition of my nose. My throat feels like I swallowed a bunch of sandpaper, and I'm tired, run-down even.....

And this is 9 days before a marathon.

I'm not one of those folks that normally gets a slight cold. I'm afraid colds are my achilles heal. They almost always turn into a chest cold and then often end up with bronchitis.

But, it can't happen this time.

I'm downing vitamin C's like they're the main course of my supper. I'm drinking lots of fluids. I plan on being in bed by 9:00pm tonight.

It's still early in the game. I felt fine yesterday. Tomorrow will be the deciding day. Will my symptoms subside and maybe even just go away, or do I have a battle on my hands???

7 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

I hope you have a good recovery!! At least, you caught this 9 days before the marathon not 2 days!! I drank Hot lemon Neocitran stuff before going to bed for the last 3 days and I've recovered well from the "I almost think I almost have a cold"... =) Good luck to you

10:31 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Don't worry the miles right now. You have the mileage now and need to rest. I hope you feel better.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

The last two colds I had, I tried "Airborne" at the first symptoms and that cold was HISTORY!!!!!!!!!! Ok, the second one, I have a little stuffy nose but that is it! Functional, runnable (me, not the nose, lol). May you get rid of that stinkin' cold before your big race!!!!

GL!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Metamatician said...

I heard Airborne was snake oil, but each to their own. Myself, I would use visualisation techniques while resting to fight the bacteria/virus. Like meditating on feeling strong and well. The mind has great control over the body.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

yeah its that time of year.

cheers.

Rice.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! One of my patients swears by drinking hot lemon water.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home