Sunday, October 29, 2006

Marathon Pics

Here are a few pics as promised.

Nike Marathon billboard on Union Square, right on the starting line.

Me (I'm the short one) and Sis near the start in front of the porta-potty oasis!



Almost to the finish!!!! We're gonna make it!!


I can't believe its been a week already since the marathon. I going to go on a little hike today and then start my post-marathon week 1 training (ala Hal on Tuesday).

Some things I learned from the Marathon:
  • Space Blankets are the bomb--even ones that you snatch from the garbage.
  • Bring your own source of water. We're glad we did. Those water stops didn't come soon enough!
  • Be prepared to have temporary "Alzheimers" after the race. Thank god my daughter had her brain! I just couldn't think straight.
  • Enjoy the crowds, but more importantly, support and talk to your fellow runners--I wish I had done this more during the race.
  • Don't sit down too soon after the race. Walk around a bit. I had to walk about a 1/4 mile to the bus shuttle and then a couple of blocks to the hotel. It helped me keep loose.
  • Do prop up those legs that evening and when you go to bed. I was very uncomfortable in my bed until I got my legs elevated.
Until next time speed racers!

12 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Nice pics! You ladies look lovely in pink!!! =)

I agree about those blankets!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I have heard of the post-race forgetfulness, I think they call it something, but it's gotta be the result of all that blood pumpin' to your heart instead of your brain!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

Awesome pix, LOVE the shirts, woo hoo!

Marathoner!!!!!!!!!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Congrats on meeting your goal. Finishing is always the most important thing... :)

Take care and have a great recovery.

12:32 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

You both look cool in that "almost finish" picture, not as if you had 25 and something miles behind you.

2:30 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the marathon! How exciting!

6:49 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Nice pics. I agree about sitting too soon. I am very guilty of it.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Hey your attractive! Love the pics of you and your sis.

I know what you mean about moving and keep going. After Las Vegas, I have to run a sub 3:30 so I have enough time to shower and catch the plane. I am going to so hurt for that!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great lessons! It looks like you had a great time - you know I really enjoy the runners when I did my first marathon and have kind of neglected them since then. I guess that is the difference between a small (4,000) vs. a hugh (40,000 people) race.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Great pictures! And great list of lessons learned. How did your Tuesday run go?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Metamatician said...

CONGRATS!!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Congrats on finishing the race! And love the pink hair.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home