Sunday, February 11, 2007

And My Next Race Is.....................

Avenue of the Giants 1/2 Marathon on May 6th.

On Monday I'll begin Hal's Intermediate 12 week half marathon program--which consists of 5 days running and 2 days of strength training. I might even bump up the strength training to 3 days depending on how the training goes.

Sis is opting out of this one. It's a 5 hour drive from where we live and she doesn't think she can manage the trip with her 2 little ones.

I'll have a new running partner for this one! My daughter has decided to give it a go. She's a fast runner when she puts her mind to it, so we probably won't be running the whole thing together--but she's already talking about getting matching outfits for the race. Somehow this soon-to-be 17 year old, wants to wear a matching running outfit with her mother. Go figure.

As far as full marathons go, I'm considering running Chicago in October!

Stay tuned!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Exciting news! About the half and running with your daughter! =) Have fun training!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You and your daughter should both run in Chicago this year.  Come join us!

But don't wait too long to sign up, as this race tends to sell out very quickly.  (And it's also the 30th anniversary of the Chicago Marathon.)

See you at the starting line!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

That is great! You and I will be racing on the same day in May. We will do a virtual pacing of each other. I will be at Cincy myself doing the Pig!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thats cool about your daughter. I wish my mom would run with me!!!!

Good luck on the training!

9:26 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Matching outfits are cute. You have a cool relationship with your daughter. Training is going to be exciting... for both races.

2:02 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

That's awesome news. Have fun with training. Sounds like your daughter is up for the challenge.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Look at the good example you started--you're teenage daughter is running! Ave of the Giants sounds like a cool race. Chicago is supposed to be a fast course; I know a lot of people who have run it. Good luck with your training. I'm training for a May half-M also, but I'm not signed up yet.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Metamatician said...

Good luck. My blog is back open for the public, whoever that might be. I am starting to run myself and I hate it. I guess that's why I'm doing it.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home