Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Swim Suit Season

Not quite yet...but got to start thinking about it.

I moved a couple of weeks ago and I will have access to a community pool come May. Let's face it. It's been several years since I bought a new swimsuit, and I'm turning 40 in June, so do I want to be 40 and dumpy or 40 and able to wear a 2 piece? I'm shooting for the latter.

So Operation "Gotta-look-decent-in-a-2-piece" begins. Just for kicks I tried on a very cute suit last week and saw my ahem..."problem areas" that I'll need to address. I've got 3 months to do it. I'm beefing up my miles and strength training--(my next post, I'll announce my next race) and now I'm cutting out sugar and trying to eat more "sensibly".

Can she do it? Can't say it will be fun trying...but maybe I can just pull it off. I've got nothing better to do......

6 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Three months is enough time to fix the "problem areas" if you work hard, and swimming is just the way to do it.

I lost 27 pounds in three months around this time last year, and swimming was definitely a big part of it.

Good luck!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

She can do it :). And it can even be fun, once results start to show. "More sensible" in terms of food does not necessarily mean boring.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I myself look terrible in a two piece. I am sticking to the one piece despite my problem areas.

I also recommend eating chocolate and cheesecake. Natural health food.

10:02 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

You can do it. I am trying to do it myself. Not winning so far. :(

5:01 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Ahem...are your problem areas similar to mine? If so, let me know what works!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Ah darn swimsuit........ I put on 5 lbs since Christmas and the scale is still climbing up... time to act I guess!! Thanks for the reminder!!! =)

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home