Thursday, March 08, 2007

Runner's High

My six miler on Sunday went wonderfully. It felt good to be out there. I finished well below my target time.

I have forgotten how great you feel after doing a long run.

After the run, I took a nice long shower, got dressed and met my sister for lunch. I felt happy, energetic, powerful, and even a little sexy. The beer at lunch couldn't have tasted better, the sky couldn't have been bluer, the world simply could not have felt any better.

I was in my element.

How did I forget this?

In other news OSS week 3 results:
Weight 127.4 (2.6 lbs loss)
Fat % 22.2 (-.8% loss)

8 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Beer at lunch? Wow! Nothing's better than that!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Congrats on the long run! It does feel great to get back at it! But so easily forgotten =)

Hum... beer at lunch =) YAY on the weight loss!

6:03 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

I like the "after" part too. Fresh, clean, perfumed, hungry... It's the getting there I feel like skipping sometimes.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

WAY TO GO!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Good job on the weight loss! Share your secret.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same experience this today! Congrats on the weight loss.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I need to drop 5 more lbs myself.

Good job on the run!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

That sounds like a great day. I LOVE a cold beer after a long run!!!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home