Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bad, Bad, Blogger!

One of the big disadvantages about working in technology is that I never really want to be on the computer anymore on the weekends.

Good excuse, huh!

I've been fine, although very burned out from work.

I'm still pursuing the simple things in life, mainly running, knitting, coffee and a little beer drinking. I'm trying to keep my daughter focused on her upcoming senior year of high school....

Of course I flaked on even signing up for the SF 1/2 marathon. I've been running, but not very long and not pushing it at all.

I believe I might have a race to do in the Fall. My daughter needs PE credits to graduate and she doesn't like the idea of taking PE in her senior year so we're going to talk to her counselor about her running a 1/2 marathon instead. I think it's a good idea to keep us both motivated.

Today is the Vineman
I'm volunteering tonight during the marathon part. I watched it last year, and want to participate somehow in this event.

Hope you are all doing well.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Does this mean you'll be returning to blogging regularly?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Welcome back!

Thanks for your nice comment on my final blog post.  Your support has been appreciated.

I'll still stop by your blog from time to time to see how you are doing.  Best of luck in your training this year!

(Now tell your daughter to get off her butt and run a marathon with you!)

11:20 AM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

PE wasn't required our senior year, but if it was, I would have loved to been into running and gone that route! That is awesome!

Welcome back ... we have missed your posts!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Glad your ok. I check your blog each day and hope that things are going well for you.

4:25 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Welcome back!! We have missed you!

4:43 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

BTW, I had to take PE in my senior year when I moved to a new school. It sucked, but I had a lot of fun!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Best way to get out of senior year PE is to contract a really horrible case of mono and not find out till it spreads to your liver.

Oh wait, I would actually wish that on anyone (talk about a nightmare).

Glad to see you're back. If daughter chickie hasn't done any training, maybe we can work something out so we both get off our butts and try to work towards that 1/2 marathon?

8:30 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Good to hear from you! Glad to hea the running is going well, as well as the knitting.

5:49 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

I sometimes wonder how it is to volunteer for one of these races. We could not run them without someone being out there for us.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I hope you had fun volunteering for the Vineman. It's hard work, but also fun. I need to volunteer at races more.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home