Saturday, June 09, 2007

Weird Sabbatical is OVER!

Can't even give you folks a good reason why I was away for so long, but I'll try:

  1. The sun was shining
  2. I was knitting
  3. Work was insane
  4. My daughter was needy
  5. We have a new addition:
This is Marly (ie...Marlz, Marzipan, Marmaduke, MarMar) Persephone--and she's a very sweet kitten.

What the heck, when a 17 year old young woman comes to you and tells me that she has had a lot of loss in her life recently and that she needs something to love for her very own, and this young woman has a steady boyfriend for a 1 1/2 years, how can a mother ever possibly say no to a kitten! I did personally feel I wasn't ready for another cat--but she was ready.

I'm actually spilling over with things I want to write about, things I want to tell you. I'm also thinking about changing my blog a bit, to include my other creeping obsession; Knitting.

So, what will I be, a runner that knits, and knitter that runs? How the heck do these 2 things relate?

And yes, I have knitted my first pair of socks. And no, they are no yet the best for running. But I am determined to perfect that skill!

More to follow!

Now time to see what you all have been up to!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Chickie!

Yeah you're back.

I could not believe she posted us first with everybody that went through the line first.

I didn't realize it till last night that she emailed in response to my blatant beg to leave earlier for Petaluma.

Total Score.

I'll see you Monday

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

How cute! Glad you've returned to the blogging world!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Great to read you again. That kitten is so cute!! =)

juggling + running = joggling

knitting + running = knittling??

Although you are not knitting while you're running if you'd like to start you could set new world records! lol

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy you're back! And the new addition is adorable...

5:27 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Welcome back!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

If you wanted evil cats I would have sent you two of them.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home