Monday, June 18, 2007

Mixing it up

My running has gotten stale. I really haven't regained my mojo from the Winter months. I get out there, but I'm just not into it. So I'm thinking, maybe I'm just overloading on one form of exercise and it's time to mix it up a bit. Here's what I'm thinking:

Sat: run
Sunday: trail run/hike
Monday: swimming & volleyball
Tuesday: Weights
Wednesday: Run & volleyball
Thursday: swimming & volleyball
Fri: rest

Maybe this will freshen up my routine a bit.

I'm still undecided about the SF 1/2 marathon at the end of July. I know I could fake my way through it...I'm just so undecided. I think next time I'm not even going to bother writing about a race until I'm actually signed up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, sometimes you have do some other activities and then return to running in order to keep routines fresh and interesting.

5:24 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

Oh, just do it. What is there to lose? You'll feel so much better to have run it.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Do it. You'll feel better for it. I

am seriously considering getting off my behind and making use of that freaking huge treadmill in my living room.

If I could just figure out how to knit and run, I'd be there. lol

4:15 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

How was the big b day? I think you should do the race but in Long Island of course.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to mix it up also. I just wish I had the opportunity to do more outdoor activities!

9:12 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Variety is the spice of life. Nice job!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home