Monday, August 20, 2007

Happenings....

Well, vacation is over and I'm back at work, and my daughter is back at school. Yuckiness all around.

We found out that my daughter cannot earn credit for running a 1/2 marathon so that idea is out. My sis is not interested in doing another marathon until Maui in 12/08 (if that happens), so my race plans are up in the air. My daughter hates PE and spent most of her time in high school taking art classes instead, so she now finds herself woefully short on PE credits. So hence, the Senior PE. We are also taking a (don't laugh) folk dance class at our local JC class together for additional credits and "some bonding" as my daughter puts it. I think she wants me to take the class to keep her motivated....what ever I have to do to get her graduated, you know?

So...about the beer cozies...I suppose they are meant to keep your hands warm and to shade the beer a bit if you were sipping outside. I have gotten 'orders' for a couple more, and my boss was a bit jealous that I didn't make her anything, but I have special plans for her--A felted wine bag.

So...is knitting relaxing? There's nothin' better, and I'm serious about that. And it does leave me sore in the morning! I absolutely love it.

Changing the subject completely now...as far as a workout schedule goes, I'm running about 4 days a week, 2 to 4 miles a pop, 2 hours of volleyball, and one day of hiking. Nothing really extreme, but I still feel like I'm staying in shape, keeping the weight down and feeling good. So if I ever figure out a race to do, I can hit the ground running, er...sort of speak.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

That sounds like a pretty busy workout schedule!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mmem said...

GL coming up with a race to run. And GL to your daughter getting those PE credits earned. Love the wine bag, beautiful!

10:22 AM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Nice workout schedule.

Tell your daughter to hang in there. When I changed schools during my senior year, I found out that I had to PE one more time. Not so bad. It was a great way to meet new people especially coming to a new school.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Metamatician said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Will you ever make it to NY and do a race here? It would be nice to jump time zones and run one here!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised your daughter hates PE and futhermore... was allowed to take art instead.

My PE classes were sort of a joke (sometimes we played cards, we never regularly ran or did any other cardio activities, and our tests were only on the rules of sports. Not my idea of Physical Education). However, I liked it most of the time. How is your daughter's PE set up?

8:52 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

It sounds like you're staying in shape and having fun. That wine bag is great! You can definitely sell those.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home