Saturday, August 02, 2008

EEK!

In 12 hours I'll be standing in line waiting to start the race and I am excited!

I took the ferry to SF this morning and picked up race packet, bib, and this cool disposal timing chip; which isn't really much different than a piece of glossy paper with adhesive. (sorry about the bad photo quality):


I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to carbo load for Dinner tonight. I'm almost too excited to eat!

This marathon is going to be vastly different for me since my only other marathon was the Women's Nike Marathon, so 95% of the participants were...well you know..So I'm really looking forward to my first serious co-ed race.

My real goal is to just finish before the course ends (3 hours). This would be 8 minutes faster than Nike, but then Sis probably took 20 minutes in the potties alone on that first half. I would be happy if I could do it in under 2:45, and completely over the moon if I did it in 2:30. I'm going to find the 2:30 pace group and and see if can I hang with them.

I've been thinking a lot about my first marathon and how much excitement, adrenaline, and my almost OCD nature of always having to be on time really helped pushed me along (pulling my sis with me). I really wonder how much it's going to help tomorrow.

I'll know soon enough!

P.S. Here's a link where you'll be able to see my results in real time. This might help push me along a bit too knowing that you all might be "watching". My bib # is 15329!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I'll be cheering for you from my car! Hope all will go well =)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home