Sunday, July 13, 2008

Woot!

First of all; my mid-term UBC evaluation went well and so far I'm pleased with the results!

I lost 3" from my belly (from 33 down to 30" five weeks ago)
I lost an inch from my leg (from 19" to 18")
I lost 1/2" from my arm (from 10 3/4" to 10 1/4")

I can do 41 situps in one minute (from 31)
I can now do 31 pushups a one minute (from 20)

and...I lost 3 pounds and 3% body fat.

I celebrated by buying some new clothes ; )

Today (which was supposed to be my rest day) I did a 6 miler. I ran the first 4 miles without a walking break (unheard of for me), and took the last 2 miles easy since I hyper extended my hip during kickboxing and I was beginning to feel a bit of a twinge. For the first 4 miles my times range was from 11:30 - 12:00 miles (which is also unheard of for me on longer runs...I'm such a turtle).

I think I have been incorrectly training for running all along. My legs became strong but I COMPLETELY neglected my core and upper body. Now that those areas are getting into shape, running is becoming easier (and I never, ever thought I would say that).

All reasons to celebrate!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

That's awesome work you've done on yourself!! Congrats! I'm totally jealous by the way!! Glad the running is going well also.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Your success is an inspiration to us all!  Congratulations!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

what exactly is UBC? and i think i need to get involved! still trying to lose 5 lbs before the wedding... BUT, i've noticed since my bootcamp sessions that overall training has helped me run faster, too. so i agree with you about strengthening other parts of the body, other than just legs. congrats!! buying new clothes is the best way to celebrate!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

WOO HOO! Way to go chickie!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

thanks for the ubc info! wow, the before and after pictures are AMAZING. i wish i had known about it so that i could have looked fabulous for my wedding... but there's still later. i checked and there are 2 locations near san jose. are you planning on posting your before/after photos?? just wondering. ;-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

That's a big woot! Way to go!I guess I need to think about training six days a week. That UBC is impressive. You shouldn't have any trouble with the SF Half. Keep up the good work. :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

You give me hope, then, about my pushups that I am doing:-)

Very awesome stats! You have much to be proud of, wow!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

oooh, please do let me know if your sister changes her mind about the nike marathon!! i'll be all over it!! :-)

5:49 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Wow! That's awesome!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home