Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day of Rest

My daughter and I got up this morning at 4:30 AM to see this!



Pretty awesome. This is the HotAir Balloon Classic in Windsor, CA. Too bad it was overcast and the 30 balloons assembled couldn't take off, but seeing these balloons fired up at dawn was worth the lack of sleep!

Just finished the 3rd week of UBC, and I'm tired but feel really good and strong. After the 5th week, we have our 1/2 way mark evaluation. I'll let you all know how it goes; but I can tell you now...I'm seeing results! Hardest freaking working I've ever done though, and I'm doing it 6 days a week! I've been playing volleyball, but haven't been getting my runs in...that's gonna change this week. SF Half Marathon is looming and I need to get cracking! I will say that my sis and I did a 8:30 mile the other day (a record for me), and it felt relatively easy.

Tomorrow is my rest day. We have to watch what we eat for 6 days, but Sunday (provided you were good for the week) is a food free day. I bought fixings to make Calzones tomorrow (I really miss regular cheese). I will probably also hit the farmer's market for some fresh (and naughty white flour) french bread.

Hope you all get to indulge a little too!

: )

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Wow an easy 8:30 min/mile! Wish I was there too. Definitely jealous! Glad the classes are going well.

2:06 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Beautiful pics!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

hi! i see that you're running the sf half in august! i'm running the full marathon that day! are you doing the first half or the 2nd half? i'm so jealous that you got into the nike woman's marathon in october. i wish i was able to register before it was sold out... (just stumbled on your blog and thought i'd say hello!) :-)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home