Monday, July 21, 2008

Time to get cracking!

First of all, my 8 miler yesterday was pretty uneventful, but I had little energy or enthusiasm either. I stayed up too late the night before and didn't eat/hydrate as well as I should have. But all in all, the times were in line with what I want to do the half-marathon in and best of all, I'm not sore today.

I've got less than 2 weeks till the 1/2 Marathon and 4 more weeks of UBC; and I got to get cracking; especially in the eating department.

I'm starting to do a little slips, like a piece of pizza at work on Friday, and handful of doritos another time, a shot (or 2) of tequila...when added up will really undermine the progress I'm trying to make. Added stress at work is not helping.

So...today, I am rededicating myself to working out hard, eating right (and in proper portion!) and finishing the 1/2 marathon and UBC strong. After-all, I did promise to post my before and after pics and I really don't want to be humiliated with a before/after pic that doesn't show any difference....that would really, really bite.

5 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Stay focused!! You can do it!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Go girl. I'm rooting for you and thinking about trying out the UBC next round. If you don't mind a copy cat?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You can have all the pizza you want AFTER the race.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Tequila, too.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

You caught yourself right on time to get back on track! Can't wait to see the amazing transformation!!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home