Sunday, July 27, 2008

San Francisco Giants Pitch and Stitch

Yes, I am a Giants fan! I am almost ashamed to say it since they are having a dismal season and we're still reeling from the "Barry" debacles (I mean Bonds AND Zito). As bad as they are, I couldn't pass up a night where 2 of my favorite things were combined.

It was nice to know there are others with like minds. BTW...the red scarf nearest in the pic made with Noro's Silk Garden...Yes, I know some yarn make/models identify on the spot. I own that same stuff and Color (oh...Dori, I hope you like what you see...hint hint!).

I actually had to show the Pitch and Stitch event on the SF Giants site for a friend of mine who thought I was pulling his leg.

It was quite fun (my daughter came too and actually did more knitting than me); and I somehow was able to avoid garlic fries, Polish sausages, beer, malts, etc. And somehow the Giants (and Zito) pulled off a win!

In running news, I did a 8 miler today. I was supposed to do 10, but cut it short because I ate something bad and got sick to my stomach. Sis came with me and we had a good time none-the-less reminiscing about our last marathon training. Besides, feeling like I was going to toss my cookies, the rest of my body felt good. I think I'll be okay for the 1/2 next weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Good luck next week =)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Garlic fries are great for carb loading.  Remember for next time.

Good luck next week!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

I was in SF last weekend and came close to buying tix for Saturday's game. There were guys selling them out front, but I didn't know if they were bogus tickets, so didn't buy them. The official ticket seller didn't have two seats together.

BTY, I love the red yarn! ;-)

Good luck with your race on Sunday. Stop by the One More Mile booth at the expo. They're really nice people--Joe "Midpacker" is the owner, but I don't know if he's going to be in town. His bro-in-law usually handles the western region expos.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Are you ready for Sunday? :-) Best of luck and can't wait to hear all about your half!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home