Saturday, October 18, 2008

Something Big

I love epiphany moments. I had one driving on the way home from the Women's Nike Expo. Sis and I were talking about our first Marathon and how she just wanted it to be over and how I was enjoying every minute of it despite the pain.

It finally hit me why I felt that way.

I was doing something BIG.

Not just big for me, but big for thousand of others that decided to endure this challenge; something that most of the rest of the population cannot even conceive of doing.

Tomorrow we will be BIG once again.

We should always strive to to do something that we feel is beyond us. Something that pushes us to our limits and may inspire ourselves and others on our journey; Something freaking BIG.

I am again reminded of my favorite poem by Marianne Williamson; one I have on my fridge and that I often overlook:

Our Greatest Fear

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.


Best of luck to all those running tomorrow, and even though I will probably not see you, I will know that you're doing something BIG with me, and that will make all the difference.

And to everyone else....Think BIG.

I'll post about my journey on Monday.




6 Comments:

Blogger Aron said...

great post :) and good luck tomorrow!!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

You are right, it is BIG!!! Enjoy the journey =)

I will be thinking about you tomorrow morning!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I hope you run Chicago next year.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I hope it went well for you and that you're not too sore. :-)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

You did something BIG today!! Yes, you did!! How did you do? Wasn't that course tough. OMG. I can't how tough it was! Can't wait to read your marathon report!

9:11 PM  
Blogger prashant said...

good luck tomorrow!!
home jobs india

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home