Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting Excited!!!!

I can't believe that Nike is only 4 days away! I'm not as nervous this time around since this will be the 2nd time; I'm just really excited; Like hard-to-sleep-already excited. I remember how much I really enjoyed it the first time, even though I was woefully unprepared and in pain for much of it. So this time it should be all the better!

Saturday, Sis and I are taking the Ferry into SF and plan to pick up our packets and have a great lunch somewhere. My Sis is actually working Saturday night but she hopes she can get off a bit early. We'll need to leave by 5:00AM to drive, park and comfortably get to the starting line on time.

I'm really shooting for a time around 5:30 - 5:45; and I'm hoping that my sis can keep up with me for the first half, she's a faster runner than I am, but hasn't done any distance training, and I'm really not about to ditch her in favor of getting this time. Actually, if I have a slow 1/2 half, it will be interesting if I can get in some negative splits. That would be cool.

So in reality, the goal is just to finish and enjoy it. I should really leave the any timing goals to Atlanta in March, where I'll have some serious Winter training done and I will be running on my own.

I'm starting to think about what race I want to run this Fall....I'm still feeling that Chicago is calling my name!

8 Comments:

Blogger Julianne said...

I'm getting excited, too!! I think I'm going in Friday to pick up my bib! ;-)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Hope you'll have a good race! =)

I'm excited for you! I wish I was racing too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Aron said...

WOOOOO so exciting!! i will be there cheering!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Good luck with the race. Have a great race and do some negative splits.

By the way I am back again!

1:03 PM  
Blogger E said...

I'm so excited too!

Good luck on Sunday!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm running NIKE this weekend as well!! good luck! that's so great you're doing it with your sister! oh and I found your blog through my friend Aron :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

I hope it goes well chickie.

Um what are negative splits?

3:46 PM  
Blogger prashant said...

so exciting!! i will be there cheering!!
home jobs india

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home