Saturday, October 04, 2008

It'll have to do.......

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted. I wish I could say I was doing something exciting...but in actuality just tied up with the humdrums of life and work.

I had a bit of a stomach bug, so I skipped my 20 miler so I'm officially in taper mode. I'm pretty sure I'll do okay, since I was able to play basketball later on the same day as my 18 miler; but I have been lighter on my training (running 3 days a week) and supplementing with other stuff.

My goal is to get through it without a lot of pain, I would like to finish it around 5:30 hours, but that might be bit unrealistic. Actually, my goal is to just enjoy the damn thing.

Sis' has decided to run the 1/2 half with me and she'll see if she can't get the bling at the 1/2 finish. So it will be cool to have someone to run with for the first bit.

Today, I'm going to a Yarn Harlot book signing with some knitting friends, and after that maybe going to a Rock Band Party at another friends house (hold your enthusiasm)....Gotta to a little carbo loading to do too for tomorrows easy 12 miler.


6 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

I really miss the 'easy 12 miler' saying!!!

You're going to do great at the marathon. Hope you enjoy your race!! =)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

GL GL GL preparing for your marathon! And cool that you'll have your sis with you for the half:-)

Easy and 12 miler are still an oxymoron to me.

And I've always wanted to try knitting...it's on my list of things to learn to do (play guitar is on that list, too).

Enjoy!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Taunya! I've missed you! I'm also glad to hear that your sister is going to run the half afterall with you, awesome! I JUST got into the Nike Marathon on Friday. So I'll be running it!!! I'll have to take it slow since I haven't been training for a marathon...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Wow, only 2 Sundays til you're race. Good luck, in case I don't stop by before that. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. It's a great race; my only regret with it was wasting time in the portapotty lines. Next time I'll just duck into the bushes. Blogger Juls is also running Nike.

Danielle just ran Twin Cities Marathon and she wrote a really inspiring post. I have links on my blog to both Juls and Danielle.

11:00 PM  
Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck. You will do great!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger prashant said...

You're going to do great at the marathon. Hope you enjoy your race!!
home jobs india

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home